Namaste!

Namaste!
Immortality

Saturday 31 August 2013

Friendship



Friendship, a bond so sweet, like honey
From the highest degree of passionate love
To the lowest degree of good-will
It makes the sweetness of life

What’s as d’licious as a fair and firm encounter of two,
In a thought, in a feeling?
How beautiful when two resonating hearts merge
Entwined in the light of love

Each other they hear
Each other they understand
They are each other’s possession
A treasure to behold always

The wandering of those eye-beams
The heart knoweth
And rejoiceth warmly
Those affectionate gestures, requited silently

The delicious torments
Uneasy pleasures
And fine pains of friendship
The soul must endure

Friendship, a relation as pure as the driven snow
Sweet and red as rose
Noble as a lord
And as important as air

True friendship, like the immortality of the soul
Is too good to be believed
Yet I strive to find that being
In whose presence I can think aloud

Let he who would be my friend
Treat me with roughest courage
Let him trust me, be tender to me,
And be truthful to me.


© 2013, Ogwo David Emenike.

1 comment: